Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Light Displays Can Last a Lifetime by Adria Byers

Ever since I can remember, Christmas lights displays were one of my favorite things to do during the holidays. My favorite thing? Opening presents on Christmas morning! But light displays were a close second. I still have memories of my brother and I riding in the back of my mother's station wagon with our heads hanging out the opened back window (safety was not a big issue in those days). Luckily, I'm from south Florida, the weather allowed us to do that!

I'll never forget how exciting it was to see colorful lights carefully outlining the houses...every corner had a light, the roof, the garage doors, the windows, the doors and even the driveway! Now that I have a family of my own, I make sure my kids enjoy decorating our home with as many lights we can untangle and get to twinkle.

My kids get a big kick out of seeing cards drive slowly past our house to enjoy our lit up creation. And they too get to ride along as I drive and see other beautifully decorated homes...albeit buckled up in the back seat (safety first!).

The Ocala Star Banner recently compiled a list of Marion County homes that welcome visitors to drive by and admire their hard work. The article also details what each display has to offer and directions on how to get to them. Take your kids, grand kids and great grand kids for a festive drive that will create everlasting memories like the ones I have.

Adria Byers is an employee of On Top of the World Communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment